Sir Philip Green’s Arcadia retail empire has fallen into administration with 13,000 jobs and hundreds of stores at risk, making the Topshop owner the UK’s biggest corporate failure of the coronavirus crisis so far. What does this mean for our high streets? Its simple and the news is terrifying. More vacant high street shops, more […]
The chain has become the latest high street casualty and will be liquidated in the New Year after rescue talks with JD Sport fell through, drawing a line under 242 years of trading and jeopardizing 12,000 jobs. This is catastrophic for our high streets which relied on Debenhams to draw in customers and will lead […]
Womenswear chain Bonmarche has collapsed into administration for the second time in just over a year, putting more than 1,500 jobs at risk. This will lead to even more vacant shops appearing on the high streets and the value of these properties falling substantially.
- Commercial Property
- Come on people, let’s get real with property valuations!!!
- Who buys retail shops
- Hit by Internet Shopping and Recession – The Business’s That Just Couldn’t Cope
- Who Buys Commercial Property in London
- Total returns to fall to 8.8% next year, says Carter Jonas
- High street retail shops continue to close
- Ground rents