There was more bad news today for the UK high streets and the retail commercial property sector as Gourmet Burger Kitchen, the casual dining chain, announced it is to close 26 restaurants which will lead to 362 job losses. The chain, which went through a major restructuring in 2018, was bought out of administration several months ago. Tough trading conditions caused by the pandemic, has been the main reason for this move.
- Shops Let to Coral
- Commercial property in 2011 – what’s in store?
- Commercial property buyers
- Commercial Property Buyers
- High street retail shops are still in demand
- Total returns to fall to 8.8% next year, says Carter Jonas
- High Street retail failures in 2016
- VAT is damaging the commercial property market